Thursday 18 September 2008

the Old Post Building under warm sunset light...


11111


11111
One of the most emblematic buildings of Madrid located in the Cibeles square is the Post and communications building 'Palacio de comunicaciones' or as most Madrileños say 'Correos or Edificio de Correos'. It dates from the early XX century and is the work of the architects Antonio Palacios and Joaquín Otamendi... Since 2007 the building is occupied buy the Madrid city town hall. Is a must see if your planning to visit Madrid...

To Know More...

10 comments:

Profile Not Available said...

Wow! This is some building! And you chose the perfect light to accentuate the detail! Really, really nicely done!

dianasfaria.com said...

I like the old building's contrasting the modern lamp post. beautiful photo!

Dorothée said...

Hi tr3nta,
What a colossal and lovely building! Hard to believe this palace was formerly the home of the Post and communications. I bet the interior is fabulous.
I have been to Madrid when I was 15and would love to return. I will definitively put it on my list.
Thanks for sharing it with us,
Bostonsnapshot

Unknown said...

Cibeles square is great! I've allways liked those amazing buildings, but I thought they were older... Glad I've read your post! :-)

Lori said...

The architecture is exquisite. I'd love to visit Madrid some day! What a beautiful city.

Mariposa said...

it's gorgeous!! I was unfortunate not to have enough time to enjoy the building..I only got a shot of it from the bus lol

Anonymous said...

Hi,
@ lori, Madrid is indeed a beautiful city with a lot of nice architecture...
I'm sure you would enjoy it :-)

Ana

D-C said...

That house is huge and looks good in the sunlight.
Good shot! :)

Uma por Dia said...

Imponent!!!

Corey Templeton said...

Beautiful building, nice sunset shot!